Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The dream

This morning's 100 words:

In my dream, my husband and I were sitting across from each other in a romantic restaurant, our table lit by candlelight. I was reading the menu, and then my husband was standing beside the table, cleaning the top of a dresser. He was angry about the clutter, and I said I liked everything the way it was. Then there was no light; everyone else was sleeping, but we sat. I was trying to read a book; I reached my hand across the table to my husband, but he wouldn't take it. I woke up unsettled, my stomach in knots.

I was limited to 100 words this morning, but I remember other things about the dream as well. A picture in a frame stood in the middle of the top of the dresser, and some figurines (two, I think) surrounded it, as did a candle. There was a newspaper there, too, as well as a doughnut wrapped in a napkin (probably a memory of the doughnut my son took home from the church coffee hour last Sunday.) In my dream, my husband tasted the doughnut, then went into another room to spit it out, and his face was red and angry.

I've never analyzed dreams, nor do I know anyone who does so. I do wonder what (if anything) all of this means...

No comments:

Post a Comment