Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mr. Tree

Going home always takes me back to my childhood, reminding me of things I haven't thought about in years. I wrote the following brief memory on August 21 as I thought about some of the ways my sister and I used to pass the time while we were growing up:

When my sister and I were kids, a group of trees stood in our front yard, and my sister, for some reason known only to her, called the configuration "Mr. Tree." The trees were growing in a square, one at each corner, forming a room that we would use as our secret clubhouse--although I do recall my sister telling her classmate across the street about this supposedly secret place. Once we tried to use sticks and branches to build up Mr. Tree's walls, but the whole process was too tedious, and we gave up after only a short time.

2 comments: