Sunday, July 31, 2011

An apology--and 100 words

First, I want to apologize for being behind on my blog reading. Last week was so full, and I just haven't had time to catch up. I will soon--promise!
 
Ever since Friday afternoon, I've been sick, which is also putting me behind on my commenting. I wrote my 100 words about how I was feeling this morning, when I was especially ill, whiny, and angry. At the moment, I'm feeling slightly better, but the anger hasn't gone away...
 
I feel so sick. Last Thursday I went to the dentist because I had an infected wisdom tooth, and he gave me a prescription for Clindamycin. After taking three doses, I started to develop severe stomach cramping and nausea. I stopped taking the drug right away and called my dentist, who told me I should continue with the medication in a smaller dosage. I'm glad I didn't listen to him. The cramps were (and are) so bad that I stopped the drug entirely. I'm angry. Except for the tooth, I was healthy, but now I feel like I've been poisoned.
 
So--that's what's been going on in my life. What's been going on in yours? :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, sounds like it's been a rough time for you lately :( I hope everything starts to pick back up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caitlin. I hope so, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. feel better, we all have setbacks! and i have no expectations for you to disappoint =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I'm glad you ditched that (crazy) dentist's advice here! My life has been much quieter than this, which I'd describe as a good thing in this particular context.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tara. :)

    Deb: I know--his advice was insane! I've read so many horrible things about that drug online that I don't know why any doctor would prescribe it.

    ReplyDelete