Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And all is (finally) well

Yesterday I finally got over whatever it was that was preventing me from starting my WIP. Now that I'm over that hurdle, I think the rest of the story will follow much more easily.

It's funny... One of the courses I taught as a college instructor was composition. Students would often come to me with complaints about how much difficulty they were having starting their essays. My advice was always the same: start somewhere else in the essay and go back to the beginning later. For some, this method worked. The rest insisted that they couldn't write anything unless they had a good beginning, and they would struggle until they finally hit upon an idea. I, as evidenced by many of these blog posts, fall into this second category. This is one case where I just can't practice what I preach.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting it going!

    I might have to give this a try. Till now, I've written everything in a very linear fashion. Now, I'm so daunted by the idea of starting to really lay down this totally new world at the exact beginning, I probably really should consider starting somewhere a little more familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete