Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do they all plot against me?

I'm having one of those go, go, go days where I work and work and seem to get nothing done. I'd planned on writing today. I need to make some headway on my novel outline, but so far, I haven't been able to do much more than think about it. We had church, followed by a pancake breakfast. Then I had to work on getting the butter stains out of my daughter's outfit, definitely a task I hadn't planned on doing today--or ever, really. I tried writing after that, but it just seemed like one thing or another kept taking me away from the computer: my baby's cry, my son's plea for more milk, my own tiredness (I really need to start getting more than four or five hours of sleep a night)...

My daughter is napping now, though, and my son is playing quietly. I've had my afternoon coffee and am feeling slightly more alert. I'm posting this blog entry in the few minutes I have before dinner. It's something, and I feel better now that I've gotten some words down today. When I don't write, I feel incomplete; I need to write. I'm hoping that I can do more after dinner. Fingers crossed.

**I wrote this almost three hours before I was finally able to post it. That just shows the kind of day it's been. And even though dinner was over two hours ago, I still haven't gotten to the novel...

No comments:

Post a Comment